Thursday, February 12, 2009

The mockery at Thaipusam

It has been a while since I wrote as I have neglected my blog for some reason mainly busy at work and I know some of my ardent readers are waiting anxiously for my articles. Recently the Hindus celebrated Thaipusam and many may have witness various mockery been displayed in the name of religion.THE STAR wrote an article dated 9th Feb 2009 with a title "Devotees Show Love For Favourite EPL Teams". What does EPL got to do with Thaipusam? Am I missing something as I am also a great fan of Liverpool as I would not mix my religious faith with my football team! My friend who supports MU would not include MU in her Buddhist practice even though she idol worships MU more specifically Beckham and now Ronaldo!

During the Thaipusam celebration in Penang two MORONS, that’s right MORONS indeed carried Kavadi with Man United and Liverpool logo's! The appalling reason given was he wants to thank Lord Muruga for the birth of his son but he carried a kavadi bearing the logo of Liverpool. So some may ask what is wrong with displaying passion and support to his favorite team. Nothing is wrong in been so expressive for a football team taht you love but doing so during a religious celebration? What is wrong with his upbringing? Why not get Steven Gerrard to solemnise his son or probably get him to grant him a boon to bear him a daughter too!

Then there is another Man United fan who carried its club logo on his kavadi. Where the hell is his brains as Mancester United logo depicts the Devil holding the Trident and here they go trying to tell the world they are carrying it for thanking Lord Muruga who holds a Vel. What is happening to the Hindu Youth as nothing seems to be sacred to them anymore as they have lost all sense in respecting their religion? I would have been proud if they displayed their respective parents photo on their kavadi as it is an noble act.
What are the temple committee doing to prevent such act? I strongly propose the Temple Committee, Hindu Endowment Board or the Hindu Sangam come up with stringent rules for the kavadi bearers. If it is necessary to use the authorities, by all means do so. Do not make a mockery of Hinduism and it is one of the oldest religion and these jokers are taking the advantage of its freedom in expression! Try this with other religion as see what will happen to them they will be dragged to court and charged for blasphemyor worst still stoned to death!

This is our future generation which we trust to uphold the culture, language and religion. Wonder what else would come up in the future; Madonna, Britney Spears or Rajinikanth? Fuming mad with such stupidity!

No comments: