Monday, August 11, 2008

Malaysian Scenario

Recently there is a big hue cry about the bar council organising "Conversion to Islam" various parties called that this action defames Islam and even the DPM called that issue is highly sensitive and should respect the sensitivity of the issue. Interesting that having a forum on this issue is sensitive but grabbing " bodies" from the family of non muslims is not! Well that is not what i wanted to talk about.

Lets say a hypothetical situation, I am a non-muslim and i wanted to marry a Muslim. I have been a good son for my parents and siblings as i am the sole bread winner for the family. But due to love i wish to convert willing to be a Muslim to marry.

Once i am converted what happens to my responsibility to my parents? Do I continue with them or do i abandon them. What happens when I die, will my wealth be shared with my non-muslim parents or they won't get anything as I am a muslim and there are non-muslim? It does not fall under the shariah law?

Interesting to know what the ulamaks have to say on this?

No comments: